Hi my names is Stacie, I am a 35 year old mother of two wonderful girls. My story is a bit different but seems to have the same results. I had my Essure put in about 3 months ago. I did have an iud and never had a problem. The reason I had to switch was due to a diagnoses with breast cancer in January. Even though I am a triple negative breast cancer patient the doctor still wanted it taken out shortly after my double mastectomy. After having the essure the bleeding started right away and was very heavy and painful .I can not even describe the amount and size of clots, that alone is very very scary. I have contacted my doctor about it and he prescribed Tranexamic to help with the bleeding. Even with the medicine I start to pour at any given second. Due to this intercourse is out of the question. I have also gained a significant amount of weight over the 3 months even though I am now more active. I already feel broken and unsexy without this complication. I want to help any women avoid this at all costs.
- Jeani’s Story I have two children and was not interested in having any more, so I went to my doctor to discuss permanent birth control options. My doctor recommended Essure, and it sounded like the […]
- Michelle’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in Feb. 2009; my husband and I realized we were done having kids. The procedure took about an hour and a half for me because my uterus is too small. It […]
- Tammy’s Story I had the Essure device placed in January of 2011. I remained on birth control pills until July when I had the radiolological dye test done to ensure that the procedure worked. I […]
- Amanda’s Story I just had my third baby who cane as an emergency c section. My husband and I had decided we did not want anymore children. So when I went for my check up we talked to my doctor about […]
- Tamekia’s Story I had the Essure procedure done March 2010. Since that time I have been experiencing: very bad vaginal pain, stomach pain, back pain, and my body aches a lot. Lately my breasts are tender, […]
- Jo-Lin’s Story In October of 2007 I had my daughter . My second child. A obgyn offered me the Essure procedure as a form of birth contract as I had no previous stomach surgeries and had severe medication […]